Entering inside the hall of Town Hall, you will have an important meeting with the history. Here there are 12 Roman statues, all without head, that they could tell us the vicissitudes of the whole city.
The name of “headless” given to Osimo citizen came from those sculptures. By the many hypothesis that are told about their decapitation, the most interesting wants that to cut the heads as a slash’s act was Milan general Giangiacomo Trivulzio that for the pope in 1487 banished Boccolino Da Guzzone’s tyrant from the city, because he tried pretending independence from Papal States. But we can’t exclude the fact that the heads were fallen down during others military sequences, like Greco-Gotica war. Inside the lapidarium there are various evidences of medieval and roman age, mostly steles and architectonic decorations. Between these, we can see the relief figuring a procession of magistrates with a soldier, a stelewith the picture of God of Attis and a sepulchral stone with a curios picture.
The fragment that reports the most ancient inscription found with the name of Pompeo Magno (52 a.c.) is the most important evidence of the collection, the famous triumvir that in Auximum, the old name of Osimo, started his political and military career.